New Cannabis Legislation
The new acts and regulations enacted as of
October 17th, 2018 are now available.
Local Government Act
Local Government Act
Amendments effective May 31, 2018 for the Local Government Act are now available.
Property Transfer Tax Act
Property Transfer Tax Act
Amendments effective March 15, 2018 for the Property Transfer Tax Act are now available.
Consolidated Regulations of BC (PDF)
Unofficial consolidations of BC Regulations in PDF format are now available. See the
User Guide for more information.
Health Professions Act
Amendments effective November 2, 2017 for the Health Professions Act are now available.
Environmental Management Act
Amendments effective October 30, 2017 for the Environmental Management Act are now available.
New - Amended Civil Resolution Tribunal Act
Amendments effective June 1, 2017 for the Civil Resolution Tribunal Act are now available.
New - Amended Small Claims Rules (BC Reg 261/93)
Now available the consolidated Small Claims Rules with the new amendments effective June 1, 2017
Great Bear Rainforest (Forest Management) Act
The new Great Bear Rainforest (Forest Management) Act with the recent amendments of March 7, 2017 is now available.
Provincial Immigration Programs Regulation (BC Reg 20/2017)
To learn more about the Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP), click here
Fish and Seafood Act
The new Fish and Seafood Act and associated regulations effective January 1st, 2017 are now available.
New Societies Act
The new Societies Act effective November 28th, 2016 is now available.
Real Estate Services Act
The Real Estate Services Act consolidated with the recent amendments effective September 30th.
Private Training Act
The Private Training Act brought in force on September 1st is now available.
Bill 28 - Miscellaneous Statutes (Housing Priority Initiatives) Amendment Act, 2016
Available in Third Reading Bill format, read more...
The following legislation was amended by Bill 28, effective August 2, 2016
The Civil Resolution Tribunal Act enacted July 13th, 2016 is now available.
Amendments effective July 1st, 2016 for the Supreme Court Civil Rules and Supreme Court Family Rules are now available.
The Index of Current BC Regulations are now available in pdf format.
QP LegalEze to be discontinued effective April 29, 2016
Queen's Printer is pleased to announce the completion of content migration from QP LegalEze to BC Laws, as originally announced in March 2014 once this content migration was completed QP LegalEze would be discontinued.
Water Sustainability Act and the following new regulations are now in effect.
Revised Local Government Act
Local Government Act Revision effective January 1, 2016
Queen's Printer is pleased to announce the addition of the following content collections:
- Act and Ministry Responsibilities Listing
- Archived Consolidations of Statutes - Includes Pre-1996 and Post-1996 Consolidations
- Archived Consolidations of Regulations - Includes Consolidations from April 2003 to present
- Bills - Includes Progress of Bills tables with links to Bills and Hansard Debates
- Consolidated Provisions in Force - A list of Statutes enacted, amended or repealed between the 1997 and January 2012 sessions
- Defunct Regulations - Full text of Repealed Regulations from August 1, 2003 to present
- Minister of Finance Directives - Issued under Section 47(1) of the Financial Administration Act and are necessary to introduce or changes fees when there is no other legislation available; considered as a temporary measure; authorized for cross-government purposes; or during a crisis or urgent situation.
- Ministerial Order - Includes subordinate legislation made under the authority of a minister, or an authorized official or body. Orders are generally used to handle day-to-day administrative matters. While most orders are administrative in nature, some may be classed as regulations.
- Proclamations - A provincial proclamation is a recognition by government of events or occasions held by groups on their own behalf or for the general public
- Regulation Bulletin - Includes a weekly summary of the Regulations deposited with the Registrar of Regulations under the Regulations Act. The Cumulative Bulletin lists all regulations deposited during a calendar year. Also available within the bulletin are hyperlinks to the full text Order-in-Council or Ministerial Order and BC Gazette Part II.
- Rules of Court and Related Enactments - A collection of all legislation that governs court procedures in British Columbia
- Table of Repealed, Replaced and Renamed Public Statutes - A resource for tracking outdated legislation, covering Public Statutes from 1897 to April 29, 2011
To learn more on the various content collections visit our Glossary
Now available Expropriation Compensation Board (ECB) Decisions from 1988 to 2006.
Now available Corporate Registry Notices – includes notices of company and extra-provincial company filings. The registry includes data from January 2003 to present.
Now available Private, Special and Local Acts – includes all current private, special and local acts from 1950 to the present.
Now available Gazette Part I – published weekly under the authority of the Queen's Printer Act. The Gazette contains published legal notices such as Calling for Tenders, Forest Development Plans, and Notice to Creditors. It includes issues from January 2003 to present.
Now available BC Gazette Part II – The electronic version of the BC Gazette Part II has the complete text of all new and amended regulations deposited under the Regulations Act in a fully-searchable format. It includes issues from October 2001 to present.
Queen's printer is pleased to announce the release of the following new features:
- Favourites – limit your search to specific act(s) or regulation(s)
- Enhanced Navigating within searched documents in the statutes and regulations content collection
- Search by document type
- 4 different search result viewing options
- Refine searching - search within existing search results
- A user guide has been developed to provide additional details on these new features.
What are people saying about BC Laws?